Register Restraining Order

It is not necessary to register an out-of-state restraining order for the order to be enforced in California, but registration will make it easier for law enforcement to find the order should it be necessary to have them enforce it.  Use the following form to register an out-of-state order.

dv600     Order to Register Out-of-State or Tribal Court Protective/Restraining Order

Attach a copy of the out-of-state order to form dv600 before filing it with the court.  You do not need to serve the opposing party before filing this request.